Sunday 26 September 2010

Umbrella Statement for my Practice

Although having created and read this statement aloud confidently to my fellow peers I felt the exact opposite when it came to their questions.

"High-end identity design and visual solutions driven by layout and aesthetics for quality print and web
distribution. "

To be honest I'm sure many people put down things they were really unsure about. I did feel that this overarching statement did not reflect my current practice. A couple of other words that I noted down; detail, I do have a tendency to become obsessed with tweaking and "polishing s**t", and Type & Image I feel I have a practice that reflects sides of both, although I am not the best illustrator.
My peers suggested that I look back at what I had done last year once I started getting confused about my statements. By including visual solutions I feel it says that I am not just interested in the logos and 2D elements of a solution but the environmental/3D graphic side which I started looking at last year and could suggest research led solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment