Sunday 26 September 2010

First Three Briefs

I chose based upon the statement of intent that I had proposed three brief that fitted the criteria. The first 'All Aboard Records' will be a brief dedicated to identity design and its application to a wide variety of different media. As a live brief I should also get some informative feedback about the work that I produce.
The second I have chosen will be to design a publication to be sold at the Manchester book Fair. A primarily research led brief leading to the design of a small book with the possibly of taking it across into other media. As yet another live brief this will allow me to explore a topic (yet to be specified) and investigate.
The final brief, again live will be to design a typography based image on the city of Hong Kong. This more short brief will allow me to again research and explore an unknown topic and combined with a live craft fair produce print to be sold locally.
As I am to select four I have chosen to complete a competition brief, possibly from the D&AD whom will release the next set of briefs at the end of october.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carl.
    There isnt any work specifically focused on this in the projects you have proposed, but you looked at it last year in your shop window brief, so i thought you might be intersted even if its not on these focused briefs.

    http://www.strangebeast.tv/site/blog.php- theres an article about their Levi shop window using triangular shapes around the middle section of the page.

    enjoy. x

    ReplyDelete