Monday 10 May 2010

Post-tutorial Drawings & Direction

After speaking to Fred about things which thankfully has cleared up the air about what has been expected of use from the PPD module, he asked about how I was getting on with the current project and frankly, nowhere. Complete designers block.


Although I have decided that Aqua is about clothing that is separate from the current trends the window display may need to reflect the needs of the current season. So as a starting point I set out brainstorming the A/W season as a starting point. This would get out obvious idea for the window display and so I came up with a number of design solutions. 'Winter Warmers', by using that idea of hybrid for I proposed covering wall to wall of the window display in wool, 'Warming' the window scene in preparation for the window. This idea extended into further solutions of design including the use of a full Spring/Summer window but covered completely in wool.


Overall I feel this kind of solution would work well but I am not fully convinced that it would fit with the existing content of Aqua, the visual styling and material use of wool is something that doesn't seem to appear in their season of clothing. Like the clothing I feel a much more abstract solution would work best with the current design, and more importantly would be more appropriate to their current consumers.

No comments:

Post a Comment