Tuesday 11 May 2010

Wool Type

As far as development goes, its slow, but I am slowly getting headway on the project. From talking to fred two days ago about the project he basically said i needed to do more practice work and stop trying to look at creating something that is the same as everything else. I needed to brainstorm what A/W meant and create a direction from there.
After looking at hybrid forms I realized what I needed to do was start putting words together and create ideas based on those, hence hybrids. Classic works such as cold were thought of but didn't give me anything to work with. What about the clothing worn at these times, jumper, knitwear and there was the idea, winter warmers. Using that idea of I started to generate a number of idea based on 'Winter Warmers', one was to use wool, the kind that you would normally use for making christmas jumpers and such, and from here I started to develop type.

No comments:

Post a Comment