Friday 22 October 2010

Design for Web Workshops

To better my understanding of the capabilities of what design for web can do I have decided to participate I the design for Web Workshops, ran by Simon from the IT Department. Overall I have found the sessions very useful but I think to fully appreciate the full potential of web I need to start getting some briefs that explore this much better. In the short session we will begin to cover the basics of:

+ Dreamweaver
+ CSS
+ Javascript/JQuery
+ Flash (yay)
+ FTP
+ SEO (Search engine optimisation)
+ ISO (Image search optimisation)
+ Wordpress

In-preparation for our next session we are due to look at CSS and so we are to bring a website plan to work with. I have decided to bring my own so I can finally start getting some content and design on there. Admittedly though I think the hardest part was getting the damn thing put there.

No comments:

Post a Comment