Sunday 24 October 2010

Market Week Ideas Finalised

The strongest idea that I came up with was the use of the puzzle pieces to give the idea of connections, which is what the market week will be about, students being able to communicate with industry professioanls and the public.
For the design I had no intentions of producing a logo design, I felt it was too cliche and for something that would only be around for a week I wanted to make something simplae and easily recogniable in terms of visuals and shapes. Instead I proposed more of identity, using the puzzle pieces as a backdrop to everything visual. I decided to limit the use of fonts to 2, BEBAS for headers and important pieces of information and Helvetica for body text as it is a safe option to go with.
I tested a range of colours but I decided to go with turquoise mixed with a vibrant pink/purple colour.


For the submission I came up with the following layouts for a flyer design and poster. overall I'm quite impressed with myself given I only gave myself 5 hours to actually design this thing from start to finish, I'm tired but really pleased I came up with a proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment