Friday 7 May 2010

Design Direction: Start

As I have not yet specified some kind of theme for the design of the space I need to look at finding some sort of design direction from which I can start creating visual material for. I started a mind-map to analyse a way forward to start investigating.
I also haven't specified whether this will be an image/type based project. Image-making through less illustrative means is something that I try to do so I will be probable going down an image route with the implementation of illustration with type.
As a starting point I chose the words "Inbred Hybrid", the collection name for the A/W season. Looking further I started looking specifically at hybrids, 'The combination of 2 or more different things, aimed at achieving a particular objective or goal', typical images of this often relate to mermaids and centaurs. Human/animal hybrids are most common, which lead me to beg the question, if you could be a hybrid with something what would it be? A robot? Bird?

No comments:

Post a Comment