Wednesday 12 May 2010

Crit Feedback: 12.05.10

Not that I have much to submit at this point but this Crit really helped in terms of clearing up the air and getting that enthusiasm for design back. Having not done very much I was not very surprised that that got picked up on. Overall I felt that the brief I had proposed was really interesting, but I had been doing far too much research into what the company is about and the history of it as oppose to starting to create something new. I also haven't experimented much with colour, having created a colour pallet to work from I haven't actually used it yet, and although I am working with fairly minimal content it would be nice to show some design experimentation involving colour.


Tim's Notes on Feedback/Discussion:
+ Look into artistic movements like Pier Mandrian.
+ Expand the logo into a typeface.
+ Mixing up the themes of seasons; winter environment with summer features.
+ Keep it minimal and witty.
+ Modernist interiors.
+ What do you want to get out of this brief?
+ Focus & clarify your concept.
+ Prioritise again. Focus on the main outcomes, e.g. window display, before thinking too much about the t-shirt designs.
+ Structure your design direction and what you want to produce.
+ Try to get hold of the 'Retail Graphics' issue of IDN Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment