Monday 17 May 2010

Abstract Shapes: 'Cut the Air'


After talking to Graham Tansley he gave me some very useful advice in terms of design direction. His immediate reaction to the clothing and what I told him related to the idea of 'Revealing' something. As most of the clothes were not for a practical everyday use and were simply deisgn for aesthetic purposes, it became clear that what I had to produce was something focussed on aesthetic value as oppose to sitting against a theme.
Graham and myself also spoke about the idea of covering the window display entirely and having small cut slits within the window vinyls enticing people to look through to view the clothing behind. Although this concept would be interesting I feel that it would not work enough at getting people to be inspired by the clothing and doesn't entice people to enter the store as it is covered up.


I personally like the idea of a hanging piece in particular something abstract that doesn't have much detail or complicated meaning behind it, purely for it's aesthetical values. At the moment i've been looking more into the cutting of shapes and using them to form this within the space,Felice Varini's work looks at putting shapes into the environment, integrating them into everyday places and from a certain perspective create images. I am going to look at creating visual mock-ups of the kind of visuals I could create using this idea of perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment