Friday 12 March 2010

8 Page Booklet

One of the challenges for last weeks session was to create a visually appealing layout for an eight page document, type based. I felt given that it is a long winded piece of text two column would not be appropriate because it makes the text more broken up and 6 words per line in a document would surely mean that it the text is hardly readable, especially for eight pages long. I aimed for about 10-15 words per line, along with a size 8pt on the body text for easy of readability hand-held and I increased the leading to make the text seem less heavy.
I didn't however consider the use of a heading page or making it more of a feature, maybe this should be something to consider next time. For myself though I feel this layout sits comfortably on the page especially with the larger margins to make the text seem smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment