Wednesday 27 January 2010


After speaking to fred about what I wanted to accomplish with my animation series, the only aspect that really needed to be considered was the style. Moving from my initial drawings and onto raw vectors gave the animation less character and depth. I needed to make a decision because although the animation storyboards screamed out to the audience the delivery of them did not. A crafted animation might appeal more to a youthful audience yet its crafted nature might confuse its target gender, as in it might appeal to a female audience maybe even more than a male audience. A vectored animation relies on my software skills for delivery, which although in progress could hinder the time management with unexpected problems. I must also use a red with a deeper colour than used previously so that it doesnt become too washed out.

After having the quick chat I immediately started a simple stop-frame animation just to see the effect. On a small scale the visual quality is nice but enlarged it becomes pixelated. I am next going to look at how animation can be achieved with vectors yet still retain that rustic quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment