Tuesday 6 October 2009

Looking again today at good, I made collosal lists using the internet and myself to try and identify my subject or work which is 'Good'. Some crazier than others but I have a couple of interest; smiling for no reason, eavesdropping, flirting and there were other more physical things such as lego, bubblegum, meatball Subways and computer games such as Tekken 3. I also came across a couple of new words such as Bokeh (below) which is the blur created when focusing on something within a large depth of field. I do quite like this effect but i have chosen to look at, 'Eavesdropping' as my 'Good'. I chose this in particular because I love to listen in to peoples conversations and love taking quotes from people and putting them in different contexts. Most people are interested in the subject of looking at what other people are doing or have done and I think I could really look at pushing the boundaries as to what could by classed as eavesdropping and when it becomes perverted.
I got useful feedback from the crit today (07/10) which has inspired me to look at other sources such as gossiping, reality television, chinese whisper and the way information is passed from one person to the next, Google Earth, CCTV in design such as Louis Vuitton, quoting people, spyware and searching information about someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment